Monday, June 28, 2010

tagged

I haven't been sitting inside much lately. The long-neglected yard has been beckoning, and then you know how it is: one project leads to another, and another, and another.


This morning, though, is already pushing toward 100 degrees so pulling the shades down and trying not to move seems like a good idea. Plus, my twitter buddy Kyong tagged me with this little questionnaire. I am so new at blogging that this feels like having a neighbor come by with a casserole. 


Thank you, Kyong! Here are my answers:


1. What's your staple meal (i.e., what meal do you cook most often when you can't be bothered to be adventurous)?
We eat a lot more pasta than I'd like to admit--typically pasta, olive oil and grated parmesan cheese, with steamed broccoli on the side. It's fast and mindless, and we all like it.


2. What do you want to be when you grow up?
My unschooling self is fine with the idea of continuous development, and my strong Myers-Briggs "P" aspect balks at having to be pinned down. But truth be told, I feel pretty grown up already and happy with where I am: home-centered with the kids.


3. What book are you reading at the moment (if any)?
I'm reading Shakespeare by Another Name by Mark Anderson. It explores the premise that the works attributed to Shakespeare were in fact written by Edward deVere, the Earl of Oxford during Elizabeth I's reign. This is an old idea, first proposed by Thomas J. Looney in 1920, and Anderson makes a thorough and compelling case. It's a great read.


4. How do you relax?
When I'm at home, I'm constantly looking at things that need to be done. I relax best going out somewhere--a friend's house, a restaurant, the park, a beach.


5. What color are the interior walls of your home?
We have had many colors in here, but as of last summer, the walls are mostly various shades of green.


6. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
I was going to say that I don't think 'guilty' and 'pleasure' belong side by side, but in fact, I always feel a little guilty enjoying myself without at least some of the family around. I also feel guilty if I play Kwazi's Quest for too long!


7. What time is bedtime and getting up time?
That would be midnight and 7 am, almost every day of the week.


8. How long do you spend reading blogs (per day or per week)?
I go through periods of heavy blog reading and others, such as lately, where I read almost nothing at all. If a blog has an email subscription option, I will always take that over having to subscribe via a reader since I do check email at least daily.


Now it seems I am supposed to tag others. I wanted to tag the 12 kind followers of this blog, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get to them. Is it because I'm using Draft? I can't seem to click through to anyone.


So if you are reading this blog and have any inclination at all, I would love to see your answers to these questions--or to any others that may appeal to you (Myers-Briggs P). Please let me know if you do.


And stay cool.



1 comment:

  1. hi suzie! I loved reading your answers! I'll come over with "casserole" anytime (I love the analogy!). You know, there's also a compelling thesis that Christopher Marlowe is the real "Shakespeare" too. And I LOVE the photo of your beautiful son cooling off! I'm biased, but I think hapa children are the most beautiful. ;) kyong

    ReplyDelete

Responses from cool people—please be sure to visit their blogs as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...